Monday, July 7, 2008

The Begining

Yep, this is the beginning to a wonderful blog, if I do say so myself. One where I can ramble on for as long as I wish about the thing I do, the things I love, and anything else that tickles my fancy (does anyone else love that phrase?). This is mostly a crafting blog, but considering that I label myself as a amateur crafter I will probably throw in some other things about my life. Like my baking (yum), my photography, and my sweet children L & P and my delicious hubby M.

Here are some pics of what I was up to this past weekend (besides making this blog) to start things off.




An adorable Twirly Skirt I made for L from this tutorial
http://houseonhillroad.typepad.com/photos/twirly_skirt/







Delicious triple berry pie
5 cups frozen mixed berries (I used blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries)
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 cup water
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
Pinch of salt
2Tbsp butter (optional)
1 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp sugar
2 pie crust, homemade or store bought
Put berries, cornstarch, water, honey, cinnamon and salt into a medium saucepan cook until slightly thickened about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Poor into pie crust. Top with 2 Tbsps of butter in thin slices. With the second pie crust you can to lattice, or cute cute shapes out with small cookie cutters. Lay the second crust onto a floured surface and using your floured cookie cuter cute our your shapes about 1" apart in a approximately 8.5 inch circle. Then fold in half and then in half again. You may want to use a spatula to pick it up an the position it on the top of your filled pie. Cut of excess and press the edges. Then brush top with milk, and sprinkle with sugar. See, easy as pie :P

No comments: