Friday, March 13, 2009

Feeling Green

Green has been popping up all around me and you know what? I LOVE IT! I feel so giddy about all the changes going on around here. I'm trying to move forward in our homeschooling and incorporate some more "hands on" items. Our first was this terrarium. The soil, rocks, jar and little toy are all things we had lying around, we just had to make a fun trip to the nursery for the plants. That was a fun weekday trip, the girls rode around in the wagons they had there, we bought seeds for our garden, flowers, and of course talked the guys ear 0ff about terrarium stuff. We even bought the girls some lemon fresh off an employee's tree that same morning.

We promptly went home and after lunch and nap we put it all together. I had a whole lot of fun, the girls however were less excited then I expected. P wouldn't touch the dirt (weird I know) and L wanted to know if she could go do her page work instead (gotta love that type A personality). It was still a lot of fun though and now I have some beautiful greenery in my home.



After about 5 attempts I finally figured out how I wanted my new cowl to look. I finally settled on the Abstract Caterpillar Cowl on Ravelry. I'm lovin' the way this looks, however the yarn is so soft that it isn't quite stiff enough. Oh well, I love it anyways!

No comments: