Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pumpkin Farm Pumpkin Bread

Over the past several (I swear I didn't eat them all myself) times I have made this Pumpkin bread I have changed a few things and now feel quite OK with putting it up here. I changed some ingredients and feel that this recipe is actually a bit improved. So here you go, I hope that some of you will go ahead and make this delicious treat, you taste buds will thank you and your children will be begging for more "mumkin bed" like little P keeps doing.

Pumpkin Farm Pumpkin Bread
3c. sugar
2/3 c. oil
1 c. water
4 eggs
2 c. mashed pumpkin (1 15oz. can)
3 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves (I didn't have these, so I just used 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice)
1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)
1/2c. raisins (optional, but yummy)

Struesel Topping (optional, but I did it and it's really good)
1/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 c. finely chopped nuts (if you don't have any double the amount of brown sugar)
2 Tbsp. flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsp. butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Grease and flour either 2 9x5" or 3 8x5" loaf pans. Combine sugar, oil, water, eggs, pumpkin: beat 1 min at low speed. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level off. Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; blend at low speed until moist. Beat 1 minute at medium speed. Stir in nuts and raisins. Pour into pans

Topping: Combine all ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over batter

Bake for 60-75 minutes (It takes the full 75 for me) or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for about 10 minutes and then turn over onto tea towel or wire cooling rack. Allow to cool a few minutes longer (if you can control yourself) because it is so moist it can be hard to cut hot.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Oh, sounds so yummy!

Unknown said...

I'm going to try this for Thankgiving!

Unknown said...

It is in the oven ! I am very excited, looks sooo delicious ! Can I get that Molasses Cookie recipe too Pleaseee ! :)