Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Christmas Craziness

I got a email from a friend today saying that she noticed I hadn't done a blog post all month and wanted to see how we were doing. I shook my head, with confusion, no couldn't be I just posted last.....oh. Apparently in my Christmas frenzy I have forgotten to update in almost 2 whole weeks. Here is why my friends, in the past week and a half I have:

Made M a really cool gift (mum is the word though, so I can't share it)
Made a cool bag for the swap
Done some knitting for me
Made P a superhero cape
Worked on Ls gift (will show more on that this weekend)
Broke my sewing machine
Bought another sewing machine
Spend countless hours surfing the web for gifts
Done quite a bit of baking
and taught L how to write her name

Now not all of that has to do with Christmas, but dang I've been a girl on a mission. My plan every year is to finish my Christmas crafting and buying by Thanksgiving day, therefore freeing myself to enjoy the season. Though this year I have seen the major flaw in this thinking, where the heck is my autumn? So, my new goal is for this year to finish up the last remaining things by this weekend and spend the rest of the month not thinking about Christmas at ALL! I need to soak the last bits of autumn, making autumn crafts with the girls, going on nature walks, baking with cloves and cinnamon, and maybe even apple picking. If anyone knows of any places to go apple picking around here please please let me know....

3 comments:

Amber said...

I think it is a good idea to have everything finished by Thanksgiving!! I always have all of my shopping completed. I feel so much better. That way if I have forgotten something, I have plenty of time. As for finishing my handmade crafts, I am usually working until Christmas eve. I still have a queen size quilt to do!!

Anonymous said...

YAY! You did it! ;) Thanks for the update I'll call as soon as I get a chance.
Kath

Ginger said...

Guess what?
Please drop by my blog as I have an award for you!
congrats!
I enjoy reading your blog !