Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Smilin'

Throughout my childhood I loved to draw. I was never much of an artist rendering lifelike portraits with exquisite details or anything. I drew horses, people, houses you know that type of stuff. I did it for me and it made me happy. It's one of those things that I now regret having stopped. Art is not perfect, it is unique and imperfect and has the ability to make people happy, whether that person is just you or many. It's silly for me to think back and remember that I stopped because a boy in my class teased my portrait and I wasn't as talented as my brother. Silly stuff.

Last week I started up again and it made me happy so now I'm going to share one with you guys.


It is hard for me to put something like this our there, something straight from my heart, but I love it.


This embroidery is on it's way to being turned into a pillow for our bed. I hope to encourage the unused talents of other, perfection is not the key, smiling is and I can say that this made me smile.

3 comments:

Leigh-Ann said...

this is realllly cute & nice!! :)

Lisa said...

I love it.

Lisa said...

Thanks for dropping by and commenting on the weaning post. If you have any specifics you'd like to share, I'd love to hear them. I'm really at a loss. My email address is iluvchrisnlevi(at)aol(dot)com .
I think the embroidery turned out great, and you must be a better artist than you thought. I could have never drawn that.