Thursday, September 18, 2008

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

So, I thought I would stop in with a recipe I made today. I apologize for the lack of visuals, but my camera broke today. I haven't been having a good day, it's feels like one thing after another, so of course I had to get into the kitchen and bake up something, something with chocolate. This muffin has a nice mild flavor not to sweet, not to bready, and the slight bitterness of the semi-sweet chocolate chips made it really yummy.

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

2 cups unbleached flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
5 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 eggs
6 Tbsp Canola oil
1 Tablespoon milk
1 1/3 cups honey
2 tsp vanilla
3 over ripe bananas
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
Combine all dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips of course) in a medium bowl, stir and set aside. Combine all wet ingredients in another bowl (feel free to use your mixer if you have one). Add your dry ingredients to your wet ones. Once well combined add in your chocolate chips. Spoon into muffin tin (with or without liners) about half way full. Bake for 20 minutes. Makes about 3 dozen (maybe a few more).

These are actually pretty healthy and low fat too. I would love to hear about it if anyone tries these!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok so, are they very bananaie? lol or dose the banana just make them sweeter? I'm not a huge fan of banana so if they taste too much like banana I'm not sure I want to make them. Thanks cute girl :) Hope your day gets better. Call if you need me :)
Kath

Ginger said...

Love this recipe am into muffins and i have to try it.What's the kids going to be for halloween? Little cuties!Best recipe making them so cute~!