Tuesday, August 26, 2008

We're Back!


Back from camping and we had a wonderful time. I even managed to craft while I camped. L loves her little knitted hat and it was nice to have something to do during the car ride and long evenings. Staying in a cabin was so much fun, nighttime parenting was so much easier there then in a tent. We all agreed that 3 days was just not long enough, next summers trip will have to be much longer. You wanna know what the best part about it was? NO BEARS! Last year we had a bear rummaging through the camp site ALL NIGHT LONG and if that wasn't bad enough it was to cold and we hadn't prepared for that so even if I could have slept I couldn't, you know?
We spent a lot of time at the lake and even took a paddle boat out just me and the Mister. We peddled on out to an island to jump off a rope swing. I forget sometimes that I'm young and should still be doing things like that and not just sitting on the shore watching children and knitting. Unfortunately I didn't get any good pictures, I was so involved with having fun that I kept forgetting my camera at the cabin! When I was out there I kept thinking "this would make a great picture", at least I snapped a few at the end.



The Lizard my little brother found in our sink

P trying out her bed
This is P when about to head home, just beat.

No comments: